Thursday, July 16, 2015

A promise to a friend on her birthday 2 years ago

15 July 2013: I remember the times when we were in a starry-eyed hurry to grow up and become everything we ever wanted to be. And now that we are all grown up, we want to go back to the days when we didn’t let a silly thing go by without rewarding it with laughter. I remember making a pact with you, to remaining silly, even when we are 40. That was 2 decades ago. So much has happened, so many miles and years and experiences later, I still know that I can be absolutely silly with you, yet have soulful profound conversations about life with you. Whether we want to go back to the sepia-toned era of carelessness, or we want to stay here and be all the things we wanted to be, I know that we have come a long way, and I always want your presence in my life. You are a blessing my dear, you are such joy, happy birthday to you! I hope God keeps you well, and I hope that He enriches your life with experiences and love, and friends and family are always around. Until we are 40 and silly, and friends still, I look forward to sharing a lot more stolen moments with you. Hugs and kisses

No comments: