Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The meaning behind my blog name

When i began writing this blog, it was only for a couple of friends who insisted that i keep writing. We were all in transition: career, further studies, trans-continental shift, marriage! Life had set in, like everyone had said it would, and we weren't going to be around each other anymore. Suddenly everything we had to say to each other, and everyday we spent with each other had become very significant.

And on a parting note, several of my girls told me "keep writing, and keep sharing your writing with us". I had not written for months then, and i hadn't thought i could write again. But they were very effective :) And I created this blog.

I named it "around the world in 300 days" after a very life-altering year, that had morphed me into a new individual who had to determine her identity all over again. But the blog was originally named "inside a yellow rosebud", in cheesy and childish memory of a once-special time that i shared with my best friends forever, there was a once-special boy, and because of him, a yellow rosebud that figured somewhere in the story. :)

I've lived more years since than i've actually grown, but times like those remain a large part of what defines me and my choices. :) So there, that was my blog name, drawn from the purest portion of my life of joy and sharing and believing in forever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Times like the yellow rose bud flash across everyone's mind, some peaceful some serene some that make your cheeks wet some that make your eyes twinkle.

It's all a part of you, me and everyone.

Would you do it differently given a chance? Naaaaaaahhhh .............

I love that yellow rose bud inside of me. Every single day!

Dasvidaniya