Sunday, August 19, 2007

complaint box


i know a friend who calls me chatterbox
i know i talk a lot, one thought leads to another and they find their way to my tongue promptly...

about 3 years ago, i was talking to this other friend and realised that in 45 minutes of monologue, all i did was complain about stuff... the weather, that im sleepy, that i dont wanna do dentistry, that i cant go out whenever i wish to, etc etc etc...
i just went on and on like an empty complaint box was waiting to be filled up, and boy,was i generous!

then at one point i stopped. my friend looked at me, (she then seemed to have snapped out of a spell of hypnosis ;P) and i asked her "have i been complaining all this while?" she looked at me uncertain first, then said "well,.... yes actually"

and i felt middle aged..

it was awful! i'd see all these middle aged females cribbing and ranting about in odd issues, and i'd wish to god that i dont turn into one of them... and there i was! i didnt even see it coming!

it was then that i took a concious decision and stopped cribbing. it felt so good! its easier to see the better side of things when im not looking for whats wrong in them :)

three long years have gone since, and about three weeks without a friend's supervision... (she always reprimanded me when i thretened to crib) and i found myself rise and shine today morning and realise its a sunday and say "why do sundays come! i hate sundays!"
then i missed her :(

its so much easier to listen to myself and the promises i made to myself when friends are around! :( four weeks ago my friend and i shopped ourselves dry of cash and were forced to walk from main street to koregaon park... what more? we enjoyed the walk... i can call it fun :)
it seemed so easy then...

No comments: